Hair Facts & Tips
- Salon products are better… professional products use gentler cleansers, they are also more concentrated, and have higher levels of ingredients to produce truer results.
- When brushing hair, always start from the bottom and gently work your way up. This removes tangle without breaking.
- Hair is at its weakest point when wet.
- Hair is a protein made up of hard keratin.
- Drink lots of water to keep your hair and skin hydrated.
- To get more volume, blow-dry towel-dried hair using a vent brush on the roots until it is 70-80% dry before you style the rest with a round bristlebrush.
- For a really polished finish, swap conditioner for an intensive treatment. It cuts down blow-dry time and gives a smoother, shinier result.
- To achieve a textured, messy look, work the products between the hands and push through the hair first then pull down ends.
- Mix your mousse with your conditioner before applying it to damp hair for more controlled curls and waves.
- Natural bristle brushed glide smoothing through the hair, where as plastic or nylon ones can drag, stretch and break it.
- Create edgy texture by rough-drying hair with fingertips.
- Be surprised at the variations you can achieve by blow-drying your hair in a different direction.
- Using gel or moulding wax, play around with your parting and choppy layers to create new shapes.
- For a high shine result blow-dry hair downwards to allow the hair cuticle to lie flat. This will allow a better reflection of light.
- Give straight hair body and texture by roughing up the layers with a small dab of wax for a natural effect.
How to treat frizzy hair.
Go easy with the heat
You can help tame the frizz by being kind to your hair too. If you use heated tools like irons and the blow-dryer too often, you will only dry out your hair and damage it even more. Avoid using heat on your hair as much as possible and, when you do use heated tools, turn the temperature setting down low.
Protect your hair
You can save yourself a lot of time having to deal with frizzy hair by protecting your hair from the weather and from pollution. Wear a hat on very sunny days and cover up in cold windy days too. Both excessive sunlight and the wind can dry out your hair and that will make it frizzier. When you go swimming, always wet your hair in a shower first, and that will help to stop the chlorine in the water in a pool being absorbed by your hair.
Don’t shampoo every single day
If you are shampooing every day, then that could be one of the reasons why your hair gets frizzy. Shampooing too often strips all the natural oils from your hair and dries it out. Try shampooing only every other day and give your hair a chance to rehydrate itself. You could also try changing your shampoo to a more gentle formula, because the chemicals in some shampoos can be the cause of frizz.
Did you enjoy reading this post? Help us spread the word by sharing with a friend who might enjoy it.